Beatle Paisan

Monday, September 28, 2009

Arriving....


Ever wonder what you're purpose in life is? Unless you're like one of those guys who likes to get stiff (drunk) every weekend, watch Sports Channel, and "bless" your girlfriend or wife with your awesome presence, you more than likely ponder your role on Earth (if you were like the aforementioned type, you wouldn't be reading this in the first place).

John, Paul, George & Ringo knew at a very early age what they were meant to do with their lives. That always amazed me. I've been in awe of that fact my whole life. If I'm being honest, I've also had my moments of extreme envy. I always thought "My GOD - To be so dedicated to one thing, at the behest of all else"! When you're a teenager, that's a gift (A BLESSING).

I don't know what it says about me that I think about The Beatles talent, focus, impact, and overall mystique every day of my life - even if it's for just a minute of so. Once they were Beatles, they were Beatles forever. Whether they were a performing unit or solo, they would always be Beatles. They didn't have to think about what they would have to do for a job, how they would pay the mortgage, budgetary constraints - none of the of seemingly mundane worries you and I run through in our mind on a day-to-day basis.

But it occurs to me now & then that we all "arrive" at our essence in due time. Whether it happens when you're 16 or 46, if you hold out hope for what you know is inside of you to begin to manifest itself in unexpected ways, your psyche will begin to smile. Those mundane tasks don't gnaw away at you quite as much. You deal much better - with life.

Harry Truman, Grandma Moses, Colonel Sanders, Rodney Dangerfield - all began their career after 40 (or, at least, began to really flourish after 40).

So, be true to you. Explore what drives you, and keep the faith.

No comments: